First Judicial Circuit of Florida
Located in the northwest corner of the state of Florida, the First Judicial Circuit is one of 20 circuit courts in Florida and serves the Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Florida counties. The First Judicial Circuit of Florida has main courthouses in Pensacola, Milton, Crestview and DeFuniak Springs, Florida as well as several annex courthouses throughout the four counties.
Escambia County Lawyers
There are many qualified Florida attorneys in the area that can assist with legal issues. It’s important to ensure that the attorney you hire in TheThey can assist the public with Family Law, Foreclosure Mediation, Real Estate, Crime, Divorce or Immigration Law and several other services.
1st Judicial Courthouse Locations
Escambia County Courthouses:
- Main Courthouse, M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building, 190 Governmental Center, Pensacola, FL 32502
- Theodore Bruno Juvenile Justice Center, 1800 St. Mary Avenue, Pensacola, FL 32505
- County Office Building, 2251 N. Palafox Street, Pensacola, FL 32501
- Billy G. Ward Century Courthouse, 7500 N. Century Blvd., Century, FL 32535
Okaloosa County Courthouses:
- Main Courthouse, Okaloosa County Courthouse, 101 James Lee Boulevard East, Crestview, FL 32536
- Okaloosa County Courthouse Annex, 1250 N. Eglin Parkway, Shalimar, FL 32579
Santa Rosa County Courthouses:
- Santa Rosa County Courthouse, 6865 Caroline Street, Milton, FL 32570
- Walton County, 571 Highway 90 East, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
- South Walton County Courthouse, 31 Coastal Center Blvd, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32549
Directions to the courthouses are available online for the 1st Judicial Circuit Court.
Court Programs and Contact Information
The First Judicial Circuit of Florida offers several legal services and programs. These services include Drug Court, Family Law, Mental Health Court Services, Mortgage Foreclosure, Pretrial Services, Court Mediation and many more. For more information on these programs you can visit the First Judicial Circuit of Florida website at: http://www.firstjudicialcircuit.org/programs-and-services/conflict-counsel.
Florida Law Libraries
The Law Libraries of the First Judicial Circuit of Florida are open to the general public as well as the legal community. Information on Federal and State Law is available through the libraries at no charge. The Law Libraries are located in the following counties:
Escambia County Law Library:
- Ernest E. Mason Law Library, M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building, 190 Governmental Center, Pensacola, FL 32502. Phone: 850-595-4468
Santa Rosa County Law Library:
- Santa Rosa County Courthouse, 6865 Caroline Street, Milton, FL 32570. Phone: 850-981-5597
Okaloosa County Law Libraries:
- Okaloosa County Law Library, Shalimar Courthouse Annex, 1250 N. Eglin Parkway, Suite B-116, Shalimar, FL 32579. Phone: 850-651-7256
- Okaloosa County Law Library, Newman C. Brackin Building, 302 N. Wilson Street, Suite 304, Crestview, FL 32536. Phone: 850-689-5980
Jobs and Careers
Comprised of Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton Counties, the First Judicial Circuit of Florida is Florida’s trial court of general jurisdiction for these counties and handles appeals from county courts except for those taken to a district court of appeal. A total of twenty-four Circuit Judges are assigned to the First Judicial Circuit of Florida.