The Florida State Park system has 161 parks. The parks offer a variety of activities including camping, hiking, kayaking, fishing, swimming, snorkeling, boating, horse back riding (equestrian), and bird watching. The state parks are excellent for wildlife viewing too where you can see manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, tropical fish on coral reefs, otters, deer, birds, lizards, and snakes. Florida State Parks are also great for family reunions, picnics, parties, group meetings, and retreats.
State Park Hours
The hours of operation at Florida state parks are typically 8:00 am to sunset. Hours vary for museums, historic site, and visitor centers. Check with each park to verify their hours of operation.
Entry Fee to Florida State Parks
Entrance fees into state parks are typically $4 per vehicle for up to 8 people, but some parks may vary with entry fees. Walkers, cyclists, and extra passengers are usually $2 per person. Prices may change, please check with individual state parks to confirm. Discounts are available for Seniors (65 and over), disabled Florida residents, and military personnel.
State Park Campgrounds - Camping and Cabins
There are 50 family campgrounds throughout Florida State Parks. Cabins, cottages, and lodges are available at some. You can easily make reservations online for campsites, RV sites, and cabins at state parks.
Group and Youth Camping
Many of the state parks offer group or youth camping which consists of 6 or more people and must be affiliated with a non-profit organization. Reservations needs to be made directly with the individual parks.
Boating in State Parks
Boat slips are available at 5 Florida state parks with water and electric hook-up.
Pet Policy in Florida State Parks
Pets are allowed on leashes in day-use areas of state parks. Pet owners must pick up after their pets and dispose of droppings properly. Some types of animals or pets with bad behavior, may not be allowed in the park. Pets are not allowed in any cabins, cottages or lodges.
Florida State Parks List
A list of state parks and addresses:
- Alafia River State Park, 14326 South County Road 39, Lithia, FL 33547
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, 3540 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, FL 32309
- Allen David Broussard Catfish Creek Preserve State Park, 4335 Firetower Road, Haines City, FL 33844
- Amelia Island State Park, State Road A1A North, Jacksonville, FL 32226
- Anastasia State Park, 1340-A State Road A1A South, St. Augustine, FL 32080
- Anclote Key Preserve State Park, c/o Honeymoon Island State Park, #1 Causeway Boulevard, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Avalon State Park, State Road A1A North, Fort Pierce, FL 34949
- Bahia Honda State Park, 36850 Overseas Highway, Big Pine Key, FL 33043
- Bald Point State Park, 146 Box Cut Road, Alligator Point, FL 32346
- Big Lagoon State Park, 12301 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Big Shoals State Park, County Road 135, White Springs, FL 32096
- Big Talbot Island State Park, State Road A1A North, Jacksonville, FL 32226
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, 1200 S. Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, FL 33149
- Blackwater River State Park, 7720 Deaton Bridge Road, Holt, FL 32564
- Blue Spring State Park, 2100 W. French Avenue, Orange City, FL 32763
- Bulow Creek State Park, 3351 Old Dixie Highway, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
- Bulow Plantation Ruins Historic State Park, County Road 2001, Flagler Beach, FL 32110
- Caladesi Island State Park, #1 Causeway Boulevard, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Camp Helen State Park, 23937 Panama City Beach Parkway, Panama City Beach, FL 32413
- Cayo Costa State Park, 880 Belcher Road, Boca Grande, FL 33921
- Cedar Key Museum State Park, 12231 S.W. 166th Court, Cedar Key, FL 32625
- Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve, 8312 S.W. 125th Court, Cedar Key, FL 32625
- Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park, 12301 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda, FL 33955
- Collier-Seminole State Park, 20200 E. Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL 34114
- Colt Creek State Park, 16000 State Rd 471, Lakeland, FL 33809
- Constitution Convention Museum State Park, 200 Allen Memorial Way, Port St. Joe, FL 32456
- Crystal River Archaeological State Park, 3400 N. Museum Point, Crystal River, FL 34428
- Crystal River Preserve State Park, 3266 N. Sailboat Avenue, Crystal River, FL 34428
- Curry Hammock State Park, 56200 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050
- Dade Battlefield Historic State Park, 7200 County Road 603, Bushnell, FL 33513
- Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park, County Road 905, Key Largo, FL 33037
- De Leon Springs State Park, 601 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, De Leon Springs, FL 32130
- Deer Lake State Park, 6721 East County Road 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park, 11135 Gulfshore Drive, Naples, FL 34108
- Devil’s Millhopper Geological State Park, 4732 Millhoppper Road, Gainesville, FL 32653
- Don Pedro Island State Park, 880 Belcher Road, Boca Grande, FL 33921
- Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park, 1900 E. Gulf Beach Drive, St. George Island, FL 32328
- Dudley Farm Historic State Park, 18730 W. Newberry Road, Newberry, FL 32669
- Dunns Creek State Park, U.S. 17 North, Pomona Park, FL 32181
- Econfina River State Park, 4741 Econfina River Road, Lamont, FL 32336
- Eden Gardens State Park, County Road 395, Point Washington, FL 32454
- Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park, 465 Wakulla Park Drive, Wakulla Springs, FL 32327
- Egmont Key, #1 Causeway Boulevard, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, 4150 S. Suncoast Boulevard, Homosassa, FL 34446
- Estero Bay Preserve State Park, 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero , FL 33928
The Florida State Park system offers year round events and celebrations from Bike Rides at Anastasia State Park in St Augustine to Evening Dinner Cruises at Wakulla Springs near Tallahassee Florida.