Martin County Divorce Lawyers
Finding an experienced Martin County Divorce Lawyer is important before filing a “dissolution of marriage.” Florida has strict divorce laws that must be followed.
In Martin County, there are numerous divorce attorneys to choose from but finding one that is qualified to address the following issues is critical:
- Child Custody - best interest of the children are taken into account.
- Child Support - the “Income Shares Model” is used in Florida divorce.
- Marital Assets - distribution of assets and liabilities such retirement plans.
- Property Distribution - how to divide property under Florida divorce law.
- Spouse Support - financial support temporarily or permanent needs to be addressed.
- Taxes - understanding how taxes affect your divorce for dependency deduction, transfer of property and other factors
Divorce Lawyers in Martin County
There are a number of qualified divorce lawyers in Martin County Florida. Meeting face to face with an attorney is important so you can ask questions to ensure it is a good match for you.
- Case Management - how quickly can you take on this divorce? Will you always be the main contact? What is the time frame from start to finish for a Florida divorce?
- Lawyer Experience - how long have you been practicing divorce law? What certifications do you have? How many divorce cases have you taken to trial?
- Fees and Expenses - how will you charge me? Is there an hourly rate or flat rate? What is included in the rate? What is not included in the fee (office expenses, property appraisers to determine property value, etc.)? What other fees should I be aware of?
Family Law has also been approved for Board Certification meaning a Florida divorce lawyer can qualify to take an exam to indicate their expertise in this field. Once board-certified, the Martin County based lawyer must take continuing legal education (CLE) courses to maintain their status and expertise in Florida divorce law.
A list of qualified Divorce Lawyers in Martin County:
- Hobe Sound Family Lawyer
- Indiantown Divorce
- Jensen Beach Divorce Lawyer
- Martin County Family Law
- Palm City Divorce Attorney
- Port Salerno Family Law Attorney
- Stuart Divorce Lawyer
- Divorce Lawyers in other cities and towns around Martin County: Hutchinson Island, Jupiter Island, North River Shores, Ocean Breeze Park, Port Mayaca, Rio, and Sewalls Point.
Florida Parenting Class
When there are children involved, a Florida Parenting Class must be completed before a divorce is final. The course is available online or in a classroom.